Friday, June 22, 2018

And so it begins...

I love my city. Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA is nestled snuggly between rolling ridges, mountains, and hills we like to call mountains. It has the meandering Tennessee River running like a ribbon through its girth and there is much beauty and celebration that happens along its waterways. Our city is known for its lure to the outdoor aficionado but it is quickly becoming a hub for the innovators, technologists, and futurist thinking startups. Did I mention I love my city?

You see, I've lived here in Chattanooga since the ripe old age of 11 and without blurting out my age (because that's just not ladylike for a southern woman to do), lets just say I've seen a lot of change in this city that I love! In 1969 Walter Cronkite who had the ear of Americans across the globe as a leading news man of the era dubbed Chattanooga the dirtiest city in America. Not a title that any city would be proud of but this factory town didn't like that label and for the last almost 50 years, we have been doing something about it! But I digress...

The point of this post is to explain why I wanted to start blogging about my city. The reason is actually very much intertwined with the above paragraph. As an educator and a mother of college age and beyond children, I have more free time on my hands in the summer than I have had in the past. With that, I decided that this summer I would go on a hike to a different location in the Chattanooga area as often as possible this summer with my super pup- Secret the border collie.
 It was on day 2 of this plan that I realized just how far Chattanooga had really come, how what I was doing was worthy of sharing with the world, and how the adventures of Julie and Secret could be something that other people might want to take on as well. So, I'm going to share our walks and hikes with you and I am also going to share some little nuggets about Chattanooga that might also interest you....because I LOVE #CHA - so get ready to see my newly the created hashtags for this ongoing adventure:
#CHAthebeautiful
#walkthedog
#SecrettheWonderPup



No comments:

Post a Comment